Friday, January 3, 2014

Yell-Free Year Challenge

This year I've decided to take the Yell Free Year Challenge by Positive Parents! I started yesterday and did really well, but today has been more of a challenge. I want to be a better mom and stop shouting at the kids. My main triggers are: exhaustion, violence (when L hurts K mostly), and being ignored. I am working on helping myself not react to these. Here's the link to the challenge: http://www.positive-parents.org/2013/11/the-yell-free-year-challenge.html

I'm going to try to document my struggles/successes here. Today's struggles: Lance freaking out because he wants more screen time, and K sticking her hand in her poop. Today's successes: Getting through breakfast and lunch without raising my voice (these kids are messy!) and not yelling at Lance when he was too rough with K.

No comments:

Post a Comment